Re: implementing channel plug-in

On 06.01.2010 13:18, Theunis Potgieter wrote:
> 2010/1/6 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx>:

>>> If you have a lot of channels, where the Long names are reduced to
>>> short (acronym) names. Then you might run into the problem where you
>>> see a few channels with the same short name but with different IDs. I
>>> can't always remember what the short name used to stand for after I
>>> visit the channel in 6 months. The STB will show the correct long
>>> name.
>> Where does the STB get that long name from?
>
> I only guess that it will get that information in the same form as the
> EPG works. The EPG can only be accessed by going to a specific channel
> and view it using the STB's propriety hardware.

Those providers really suck!

At the moment the only real advice I can give you is to change the
cChannel::Name() function so that it looks up your long channel names
in a list that maps channel ids to long names.

A clean solution will be possible once I get to implement user defined
favorite channel lists, where the user will be able to overwrite the
channel name.

Klaus