Re: implementing channel plug-in

2010/1/6 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx>:
> On 05.01.2010 09:40, Theunis Potgieter wrote:

>>> There is an object of cChannel for each channel, and they are stored in
>>> a list. You can either patch VDR to modify cChannel::Name() so that it
>>> takes the original name as an index into some database of yours, or
>>> modify the names in your channels.conf and set "Setup/DVB/Update channels"
>>> to "PIDs only".
>>>
>>> Just curious: what's wrong with the original names?
>>
>> The long names and the short names are the same.
>
> And what's wrong with that?

If you have a lot of channels, where the Long names are reduced to
short (acronym) names. Then you might run into the problem where you
see a few channels with the same short name but with different IDs. I
can't always remember what the short name used to stand for after I
visit the channel in 6 months. The STB will show the correct long
name.