Re: VDR with S2API (update)

On 15.12.2008 11:06, Frank Schmirler wrote:
>>> - no channel sync
>> This would make an excellent addition to streamdev.
>
> Rather a separate plugin or at most part of epgsync-Plugin. Streamdev should
> stick to what it was meant for: streaming.

Streamdev is a receiving device within VDR, and VDR can do automatic
channel updates. So I think that its part of the job to provide channel
information, just like providing epg data. And for channels with
changing language IDs and similar this is even useful.

However, using unused devices for epg and channel scan won't be a
solution here, as any server will soon run out of devices if every
client does scanning on his own.

Cheers,

Udo