Re: VDR with S2API (update)

Nicolas Huillard wrote:> Udo Richter a écrit :>   >>> * if 2 VDRs record the same program at the same time, it seems to a be a>>> big problem... If using a slightly different EPG data, this result in 2>>> recordings with different times, and if using the exact same EPG, this>>> result in something weird and maybe unusable (say, same station, same>>> EPG, one via DVB-S, the other one via DVB-T, two different streams in>>> one file...)>>>       >> This would be a lot better with a client-server timer structure. And in >> the end, I'm pretty sure you don't need two VDR instances to record two >> different programs into the same folder, or?>>     >> ...this is a human error, but AFAIK nothing prevents it...>> Other point : previous emails talk about various possibilities about DVB > device "location".> My ideal setup would be :> * all DVB devices in a single headless always-on server> * all clients diskless, using an NFS share>   This would be ideal solution for me as well!
Br, Pasi