Re: VDR with S2API (update)

Seppo Ingalsuo <seppo.ingalsuo@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > vdr in a massive client server configuration is a giant hack with
> > many pieces each with its own little problems summing up.
>
> Not giant system, but some experiences: I have one server running
> three instances of vdr. Vdr #2 and #3 are connected by streamdev to
> vdr #1 that owns dvb hardware. Timersync plugin syncronizes timers to
> vdr #1.

yes, intelligent timer migration between vdr instances is a not trivial
task. when a timer is to be fired, you have to ask all vdr instances
its timer list and move the timer to the most suitable instance.
taking into account recordings on the same transponder to not waste
dvb devices. the same gues for finding a free dvb device for life-view.

best regards ...
clemens