Re: Few more questions about xinelibout

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Petri Helin <phelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I've run the frontend now as a separate task and looks like it doesn't
>> > crash
>> > now except when I try to open a picture, I'll try to debug it later.
>> >

>> Perhaps your pictures a too big for xv? Try to reduce their size.
>
> I would expect the software to do it...

You need to patch xine-lib to do that. But first I suggest you try out
with smaller pictures to confirm the reason. What is the resolution of
the pictures?
You're right! Small sized pictures (640x480) do not crash it, while the ones from my camera without conversion (3072x2304) crash it.
Could you point me to a patch xine-lib to scale automatically?

>> > The questions are probably very simple:
>> > - When I playback a file, how can I move back? When replaying a live
>> > stream
>> > my "<" and ">" keys act as backward and forward buttons. In file
>> > playback
>> > forward runs the movie forward indeed, but backward button slows the
>> > playback until its fully stopped.
>>
>> This is a standard feature/restriction of many software players. You
>> can jump backwards a given number of seconds, but a true rewind is not
>> possible.
>
> Jump back is good enough, the question is how can I do it in xinelibout
> frontend?

See the README file under "Media player key bindings for video files":

Green        Jump 1 min back
Yellow       Jump 1 min forward
1, User8     Jump 20 s back
3, User9     Jump 20 s forward
Thanks! I've read it long ago and forgot that part already.

>> > - Does deinterlacing settings from VDR menu apply also to movie
>> > playback?
>> > Sometimes I can see effects of picture is not sync with the screen, I
>> > mean
>> > that the picture is shown as its 2 halfs (top and bottom) that are
>> > moving in
>> > very little difference. Thats mostly seen when the whole picture is
>> > moved.
>>
>> Sounds like tearing to me. Usually caused by difference in the output
>> refresh rate and the video being played back, or just crappy drivers
>> (like Intel with certain hardware combined with Textured video).
>
> I was looking for the right word... tearing...
> I have nVidia 177.82 driver. Again, mplayer has no such problem.

Try xine-ui with the same file. If that works, compare files
~/.xine/config and ~/.xine/config_xineliboutput for any differences.
Strange thing is that I don't see tearing any more. But I'll know where to look in case it comes back.
By the way, I assume the configuration is overwritten by frontend somehow since the config_xineliboutput says there is no deinterlacing, while frontend settings include deinterlacing. Do you know where the frontend configuration is stored?
The plugins\xineliboutput in VDR config is empty.

Thanks again!

-Petri