Re: Few more questions about xinelibout

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Few more questions about xinelibout.
> I've run the frontend now as a separate task and looks like it doesn't crash
> now except when I try to open a picture, I'll try to debug it later.

Perhaps your pictures a too big for xv? Try to reduce their size.

> The questions are probably very simple:
> - When I playback a file, how can I move back? When replaying a live stream
> my "<" and ">" keys act as backward and forward buttons. In file playback
> forward runs the movie forward indeed, but backward button slows the
> playback until its fully stopped.

This is a standard feature/restriction of many software players. You
can jump backwards a given number of seconds, but a true rewind is not
possible.

> - Does deinterlacing settings from VDR menu apply also to movie playback?
> Sometimes I can see effects of picture is not sync with the screen, I mean
> that the picture is shown as its 2 halfs (top and bottom) that are moving in
> very little difference. Thats mostly seen when the whole picture is moved.

Sounds like tearing to me. Usually caused by difference in the output
refresh rate and the video being played back, or just crappy drivers
(like Intel with certain hardware combined with Textured video).

-Petri