Re: Few more questions about xinelibout

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Petri Helin <phelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Alex Betis <alex.betis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Few more questions about xinelibout.
>> > I've run the frontend now as a separate task and looks like it doesn't
>> > crash
>> > now except when I try to open a picture, I'll try to debug it later.
>> >

>> Perhaps your pictures a too big for xv? Try to reduce their size.
>
> I would expect the software to do it...

You need to patch xine-lib to do that. But first I suggest you try out
with smaller pictures to confirm the reason. What is the resolution of
the pictures?

>> > The questions are probably very simple:
>> > - When I playback a file, how can I move back? When replaying a live
>> > stream
>> > my "<" and ">" keys act as backward and forward buttons. In file
>> > playback
>> > forward runs the movie forward indeed, but backward button slows the
>> > playback until its fully stopped.
>>
>> This is a standard feature/restriction of many software players. You
>> can jump backwards a given number of seconds, but a true rewind is not
>> possible.
>
> Jump back is good enough, the question is how can I do it in xinelibout
> frontend?

See the README file under "Media player key bindings for video files":

Green        Jump 1 min back
Yellow       Jump 1 min forward
1, User8     Jump 20 s back
3, User9     Jump 20 s forward

>> > - Does deinterlacing settings from VDR menu apply also to movie
>> > playback?
>> > Sometimes I can see effects of picture is not sync with the screen, I
>> > mean
>> > that the picture is shown as its 2 halfs (top and bottom) that are
>> > moving in
>> > very little difference. Thats mostly seen when the whole picture is
>> > moved.
>>
>> Sounds like tearing to me. Usually caused by difference in the output
>> refresh rate and the video being played back, or just crappy drivers
>> (like Intel with certain hardware combined with Textured video).
>
> I was looking for the right word... tearing...
> I have nVidia 177.82 driver. Again, mplayer has no such problem.

Try xine-ui with the same file. If that works, compare files
~/.xine/config and ~/.xine/config_xineliboutput for any differences.

-Petri