Re: [SOLVED] Re: How to set German OSD in VDR 1.5.8

Hi Anssi,

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> AFAICS that is only needed if the user locale settings are set to "C",
> "POSIX" or invalid values.
>
> This behaviour was added to glibc in 2001, likely to fix something else.
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/intl/dcigettext.c.diff?r1=1.22&r2=1.23&cvsroot=glibc&f=h
>
> I've contacted the committer about our issue. If I get no reply, I'll
> raise it in libc-alpha ml.

ok that I think is the right way, thx a lot. The problem for me is fixed
now but maybe we should add a small note in the INSTALL file that the
environment variable LANG must be set before starting VDR to a valid value.

Best regards,
Matthias

Rich Cook