[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Marko M?kel? wrote:
> It does.  The typical use case is that you pause live video or start
> a recording with a timer, then start watching it while it is still
> recording, so that you can skip commercial breaks.  Then you get
> interrupted while watching it.  It would be very handy to push the
> power button.

Actually I would press the pause button, as I usually don't want to miss
anything. And then the playback should be halted anyway, no matter if
display is on or off.

>> Unneeded tuners get de-tuned. Provide there are unneeded tuners. (I know
>> that my primary FF card tuner gets de-tuned if I play back a recording.)
>
> How can I check this?  Using dvbstream or tzap while vdr is running?
> Or from some file in /sys or /proc?

I can, because my second card has the annoying 'feature' to loose its
signal if the first FF card turns off the LNB power. Its quite common
for me that I get a VDSB on recording start while watching a playback.
The easiest fix is to start a recording that keeps the primary FF card
'busy'.

Cheers,

Udo