VDR not starting properly with softdevice on boot

Marko M?kel? kirjoitti:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 08:44:50PM +0200, Kartsa wrote:
>
>> Marko M?kel? kirjoitti:
>>
> I meant that vdr probably should be started later in the boot process
> than TCP/IP networking.

Ok, then I misunderstood. I did try to make vdr start later by changing
its start order Now anyway network is started before vdr.

>> I actually fixed this now by not letting vdr start by the system init
>> but added "/etc/init.d/vdr start" in rc.local. Maybe the 550 PIII is
>> just too slow in an environment where is matrox G400 and DirectFB :)
>>

> Possibly.  I'm using softdevice-dfb on Matrox G450, but the processor is
> a 900 MHz Celeron.  I found the VGA output to be 10% or 20% less CPU
> intensive than the TV output, which I am currently using.

Vdr is taking about 60% of cpu time with softdevice on my 550MHz PIII. I
ment that maybe 550 is too slow when vdr is started in the system
initialization causing network to start slower and thus making it a
problem. Maybe if I had waited long enough it would have stabilized.

\\Kartsa