VDR not starting properly with softdevice on boot

Marko M?kel? kirjoitti:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 05:36:59PM +0200, Kartsa wrote:
>
>> Any hints? I.e. how/when should matroxfb kernel module be loaded? Now I
>> load it in rc.modules.
>>

> Have you tried OProfile or strace -p <pid of vdr>, or attaching gdb to
> the running vdr process?

Hmm, what's OProfile? I am not quite sure if I am starting matroxfb in
the right place. For some reason I can not get it to load automatically
with udev settings. There is a
> I'm using a statically compiled matroxfb.  I've used vdr+softdevice for
> almost 2 years now, and I haven't had any problems for about a year.
> (I reported quite a few issues that were fixed.)

I selected vdr+softdevice with matrox because I've read so many good
things about it. Like small cpu resource needs since I've got only PII
550. And one reason is also the lack of A/V sync problem. My other vdr
is with FF card and I have A/V sync problems every single day at least once.
> A few times during the two years, I've seen softdevice displaying fewer
> than one frame per second, running at very low CPU consumption.  I
> presume that there is some race condition in the thread setup.  You
> might be running into a similar problem.  Post some debugging results,
> and we'll see.

What should I do to get debugging info since there is nothing in the
syslog. Log shows that vdr seems to have started normally and I can get
a picture which ofcource is a slideshow of still pictures because of the
cpu load. Normally changing to a radiostation drops cpu load to some 5%
but even that dont have any effect. Only restarting vdr helps.

Can poor antenna signal cause something like this? Normally I have cable
at home and I and constructing a "new" vdr to be taken to my summer home
where we have aerial. At home my dvb-t signal if avfully poor.