VDR not starting properly with softdevice on boot

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 05:36:59PM +0200, Kartsa wrote:
> Any hints? I.e. how/when should matroxfb kernel module be loaded? Now I
> load it in rc.modules.

Have you tried OProfile or strace -p <pid of vdr>, or attaching gdb to
the running vdr process?

I'm using a statically compiled matroxfb.  I've used vdr+softdevice for
almost 2 years now, and I haven't had any problems for about a year.
(I reported quite a few issues that were fixed.)

A few times during the two years, I've seen softdevice displaying fewer
than one frame per second, running at very low CPU consumption.  I
presume that there is some race condition in the thread setup.  You
might be running into a similar problem.  Post some debugging results,
and we'll see.

	Marko
	http://www.iki.fi/~msmakela/software/vdr/