[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 12:15:32AM +0100, Udo Richter wrote:
> Marko M?kel? wrote:
> >While VDR is running, I would guess that the only way it can become
> >interactive is by receiving button events from the remote control unit.
>
> Hmm, ok, I was mainly thinking of becoming inactive - since this is
> after a certain time has passed, it can only be polled. For lots of
> cases the current patch wont poll this state at all for a long time.

Right, becoming inactive is not that time-critical.  I will give your
suggestion a try: in the MainThreadHook of each plugin, poll
Shutdown.IsUserInactive().

> Actually, the key press lets the VDR main loop spin, and directly after
> the key press was handled, there's a call to MainThreadHook, so its not
> that long.

Okay, this sounds reasonable.  It is also good that every plugin will
notice the change of Shutdown.IsUserInactive() virtually at the same
time.

One more thing: are the timeouts for interactive->inactive->shutdown
configureable?  Is there a way to force VDR to enter inactive mode
without immediate shutdown?

	Marko