[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Marko M?kel? wrote:
> While VDR is running, I would guess that the only way it can become
> interactive is by receiving button events from the remote control unit.

Hmm, ok, I was mainly thinking of becoming inactive - since this is
after a certain time has passed, it can only be polled. For lots of
cases the current patch wont poll this state at all for a long time.

But becoming active again is a different thing of course.

> Users would certainly prefer not to wait for a random time (0..1 seconds)
> for VDR to become active.

Actually, the key press lets the VDR main loop spin, and directly after
the key press was handled, there's a call to MainThreadHook, so its not
that long.

Anyway, I'll think about that.

Cheers,

Udo