[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.10 plugin

On 1/10/07, mike lewis <lachlanlewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Yep, that was it!
> > >
> > OK, err, well.. It was one part of it.  Now, I can't run that
> > script...  I've tried sudo and no sudo and I get different errors in
> > either method.
> >
> > mick@freevo:/build/newxine/xine-lib-vdr-1.1.3$ debuild binary
> > /usr/bin/fakeroot: 152: debian/rules: Permission denied
> > debuild: fatal error at line 1206:
> > couldn't exec fakeroot debian/rules:
> > mick@freevo:/build/newxine/xine-lib-vdr-1.1.3$ sudo debuild binary
> > Can't exec "debian/rules": Permission denied at /usr/bin/debuild line 1201.
> > debuild: fatal error at line 1200:
> > couldn't exec debian/rules: Permission denied
> >
> > Line 152 appears to be a simple "echo" command to blit the scripts
> > version to the screen.  So something about my permissions must be very
> > broken.  I've tried su as well and I get the same error as sudo.
> >
> > What the?  This newbie is dumbfounded..
> >
> This link helped me:
> http://helmi-blebe.blogspot.com/2006/11/binsh-bad-interpreter-permission.html
>
> To put simply, the fs I was playing with was mounted with 'noexec'.

Well well.  I got all excited there for about 20 minutes while it
compiled away and then this happened..  Like the mail trail wans't
long enough already..

---
dh_installdocs
dh_installchangelogs -k ChangeLog
dh_link
dh_strip --dbg-package=libxine1
dh_compress
dh_fixperms
dh_makeshlibs -V 'libxine1 (>= 1.1.1+cvs20060621-1)'
dh_installdeb
chmod +x debian/shlibdeps.sh
debian/shlibdeps.sh libxine`ls src/xine-engine/.libs/libxine*.so.* |
awk '{if (match($0,/\.so\.[0-9]+$/)) print substr($0,RSTART+4)}'`
WARNING: non-existing file
"debian/libxine1/usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.3/xineplug_vo_out_sdl.so" in
OPTIONAL list
WARNING: non-existing file
"debian/libxine1/usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.3/xineplug_vo_out_caca.so"
in OPTIONAL list
unrecognized file type for
'debian/libxine1/usr/share/bug/libxine1/presubj' at
/usr/bin/dpkg-shlibdeps line 120.
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 9
debuild: fatal error at line 1206:
couldn't exec fakeroot debian/rules:
---

I'm not sure that the fakeroot thing means anything.  I think the the
make Error 9 holds the key..  Time for bed now.  Any pointers?

Mick