FF card A/V sync suggestion

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:49:38 +0200
Joerg Knitter <joerg.knitter@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Udo Richter wrote:
> > Just talking about the case that I've reported. I experience such
> > issues only very rarely, and mostly related to bad reception. The
> > reported issue related to blackness is very specific to this
> > channel.
>
> Do you mean that this is e.g. just related to ATV+? Does Lost on
> ProSieben play without problems?
> This problems also appeared with 24 from ATV+ (also black fades on
> counter jumps). Anybody commenting if there are also problems with 24
> recordings from RTL2?

If it can help to better pinpoint the problem, I have same symptoms, and
same cause (loss of audio/video sync on black fades - dark scenes) with
almost all recordings of C.S.I from Fox Crime - Sky Italia and a lot of
Battlestar Galactica episodes from Fox - Sky Italia in the last two
years. I do not have the same symptoms from other Sky Italia
recordings, mainly sport events. One factor that can compound the
problem is that the channels I am recording are encrypted and the
decoding is done through a real smartcard, real subscription connected
to a serial smartcard reader.
I'll try to isolate a couple of recordings
and pass them through mplayer to check whether they come out clear.
I do not have the dropouts when I burn the recordings to dvd with the
burn plugin, but I am digressing.

Cheers

Mattia

--