Digit buttons in cMenuEditStrItem work poorly

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 10:44:31PM +0100, Darren Salt wrote:
> > Rather than watching the toggle bit, I'd compare whole codes.  It leads to
> > a simpler program, and it avoids losing events.  For instance, if three
> > buttons are pressed, A, B, and C, and the code for B is lost, then watching
> > only the toggle bit would cause all events for C to be discarded.
>
> I don't think so: in ir_input_keydown, the different key code will cause
> ir->keypressed to be set to 0 and the key to be released (although the test
> probably should be on ir_key, not the translated value).

You're probably right.  I didn't consider the extra status variable
(ir->keypressed).

> Putting the first-repeat discard in ir_input_keydown (as you've done) seems
> reasonable to me; anybody else?

Originally, I did not implement that feature, but it is truly necessary for
RC5 remotes.  For instance, when you press the Down button in a menu, the
cursor may easily end up moving two lines instead of one.  While I press
the buttons shorter than 0.1 seconds most of the time, it seems appropriate
to have a longer key-repeat delay.  RC5 frames are repeated every 0.113777...
seconds.  Discarding the first repeat frame yields a repeat delay of
0.227555... seconds.  (The values are 64*T and 2*64*T, with T=16/9 ms
being the RC5 time base.)

I don't know about other RCUs.  Could it be that some RCUs implement
key-repeat delay on their own?  If yes (which I would doubt), the
first-repeat discard should be done in the upper layer.

	Marko