Beviour of menu key in 1.3.38

Udo Richter wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> There has been a lot of fuss about "the Menu key doesn't behave
>> consistently"
>> in the past. Since IMO there is only _one_ way it can behave
>> consistently,
>> it now opens the main menu if the OSD is empty, and closes whatever is
>> on the OSD if it isn't.
>

> On a second thought... (oh noooooo...)
>
> Its now consistent for fullscreen OSD, like closing OSDTeletext and
> similar screen filling uses, but has some side effects I didn't thought
> of before, as this is also true for small osds that only cover small
> parts of the screen, like subtitles, the channel info, and the replay
> (cut marks) display.
> Mostly this is probably a matter of getting used to it, but especially
> always-on osds like subtitles can now stop you from opening the menu, if
> they re-open their osd too fast. I have no really good idea how to
> handle these cases.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Udo

An integrated solution for subtitles will come in version 1.5.x.

For everything else I believe the current behavior is the only
consistent way. Anything else would again open non-consistency
discussions.

Sure, if you're used to the old way, the new way may need some
getting used to (same here ;-). But I'm sure that's only temporary ;-)

Klaus