motor dish and sharedLNB

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> luca@xxxxxxxxxxx(Luca Olivetti)  07.06.05 20:28
>

>>Don't worry: I don't need the feature and
>>I've also disabled the automatic epg scan
>>(as I said, I don't like the dish moving randomly
>>when an epg scan starts).
>

> Your motor dish seem to have the same problem with VDR as a sharedLNB.
> How do you prevent VDR from moving the dish when you are
> watching TV and a timer should record a channel only available

actually I don't record that much, but in that case I simply wouldn't:
if I'm watching live tv I can manually stop the timer or simply leave it
recording. I just cannot do the two things at once and I know that.

> in an other dish position or 2 timers are trying to record
> from two different satellites?

I just tried and the first timer scheduled is the one that "wins" and
that seems fine to me. Again, I don't expect to be able to record from
two satellites at once (just like with a fixed dish it's impossible to
record from two transponders at once).

> Or other way:
> While a recordings from pos 1 is running, it would be no
> a good idea to move the dish for the live screen to pos 2...

In fact vdr doesn't let me do that (but that's no different than with a
fixed dish).

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -