VDR and Sky Digital

I apologise in advance for my lack of knowledge regarding satellite DVB and
Sky's implementation. I am reading and googling all the time, but I will
admit to a degree of confusion.

Simply put, if I add a DVB-S card to my VDR setup, connect my SCA card to
this, and have a dish installed on my roof, can I then connect the dish
directly to VDR and use the sky card to decode the signal? I am only
interested in the FTV and FTA channels, not in illegally decoding the Sky
premium channels. (I may upgrade the card to premium channels in future. )
Will this work, or do I need to take the output from a Sky digibox?

Secondly, and assuming the above will work, can I also have a second LNB to
watch channels on hotbird and use Diseqc to switch between them?

Thanks - adrian