motor dish and sharedLNB

luca@xxxxxxxxxxx(Luca Olivetti)  07.06.05 20:28

>Don't worry: I don't need the feature and
>I've also disabled the automatic epg scan
>(as I said, I don't like the dish moving randomly
>when an epg scan starts).

Your motor dish seem to have the same problem with VDR as a sharedLNB.
How do you prevent VDR from moving the dish when you are
watching TV and a timer should record a channel only available
in an other dish position or 2 timers are trying to record
from two different satellites?
Or other way:
While a recordings from pos 1 is running, it would be no
a good idea to move the dish for the live screen to pos 2...

The problem looks very similar to those with "sharedLNB".
If one timer requires vertical polarization and the other
horizontal, it is not allowed the second timer to switch
the polarity.
And of cause the user should not switch polarization while zapping.

Why is that an entire separate patch and can't be handled
like a "motor dish with 4 positions"? (hor/vert lo/hi freq).

Rainer