to Klaus Schmidinger's (Re: to use a current theme color in a plugin)

I don't think that FTA will dissapear in the future and also they will
move towards HDTV if they want to stay into business.
The real question is rather, will there be a full featured DVB card that
supports HDTV so that the slow systems can still
benefit from the HDTV transmissions.
On the other hand, most TV's / Beamers are still not capable to work
with a HDTV signal due to resolution limits.
Indeed, it's not needed to look forwards but just keep the changes in mind.

Our Internet Service provider who also owns the cable infrastructure has
just started PCTV.
So, their cable customers can look to TV or a DVD movie in realtime. DVD
means paying of coarse and no recording is possible.
Viewing a DVD costts around 4 euro and is 24 hours available.

Stefaan