Re: can't get lock on Astra 19.2

I demand that Lucian Muresan may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt wrote:
>> I demand that Lucian Muresan may or may not have written...

>>> do you  also  get a message "Channel unavailable" or something on the
>>> OSD? I also cannot watch _any_ channel since I installed a fresh
>>> udev-enabled Gentoo with a 2.6.10 kernel. I did setup udev rules and
>>> permissions and have a script which creates the devices in
>>> /dev/dvb/adapter0,

>> You don't need that script any more. The in-kernel drivers have basic
>> sysfs support, ehough for udev to be able to handle the node creation.

> I meant the script /etc/udev/dvb.sh:

Then you should have said so. ;-)

> I took it away like you suggested,

Restore it - that one's necessary. I'd assumed that you meant a script which
creates the device nodes "by hand", for use with older, non-sysfs, DVB
drivers; also, "fresh install, 2.6.10" (to me) implied a kernel upgrade.

>>> and am able to generate a channels.conf with dvbscan from the dvb-apps
>>> suite. But VDR won't work, I tried 1.3.18, 1.3.20, 1.3.21....
>> Are you using the in-kernel drivers? If so, check that the attached patch
>> has been applied to the kernel source. I found it on (IIRC) linux-dvb
>> after noticing that tuning was *very* slow.

> Yes, I'm using the in-kernel drivers from 2.6.10. Thank you for this
> patch, but as much as I hoped that it would solve the problem (what you
> [were] saying about it sounded reasonable), the behaviour is unfortunately
> exactly the same, [...]

Not good...

> As I understand you're using udev, can you give me some other advice on
> what else to try/check?

Other than what I've already suggested, no. My DVB-T card is working well
(after a few small problems, fixed by use of the get_dvb_firmware script in
the kernel documentation).

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   Let's keep the pound sterling

And I thought that the Borg were bad...