Re: can't get lock on Astra 19.2

Thank you for the answer, Darren.

Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that Lucian Muresan may or may not have written...
>> tony wrote:
>>> I watched some German TV a few days ago while playing with config stuff. I
>>> can no longer get a lock on anything at 19.2E. I guess that it is just me
>>> but still... Can't understand what might have gone wrong
>
>> do you  also  get a message "Channel unavailable" or something on the OSD?
>> I also cannot watch _any_ channel since I installed a fresh udev-enabled
>> Gentoo with a 2.6.10 kernel. I did setup udev rules and permissions and
>> have a script which creates the devices in /dev/dvb/adapter0,
>
> You don't need that script any more. The in-kernel drivers have basic sysfs
> support, ehough for udev to be able to handle the node creation.

I meant the script /etc/udev/dvb.sh:

#!/bin/sh -e
echo $1 | sed -e 's#^dvb\([0-9]\)\.\([^0-9]*\)\([0-9]\)#dvb/adapter\1/\2\3#'
exit 0

I took it away like you suggested, the devices are created the same, but
the ownerships aren't the same anymmore, they do no longer belong to the
group "video", although I left the file
/etc/udev/permissions.d/51-dvb.permissions which is responsible for
this, in place...

>> and am able to generate a channels.conf with dvbscan from the dvb-apps
>> suite. But VDR won't work, I tried 1.3.18, 1.3.20, 1.3.21....
>
> Are you using the in-kernel drivers? If so, check that the attached patch has
> been applied to the kernel source. I found it on (IIRC) linux-dvb after
> noticing that tuning was *very* slow.

Yes, I'm using the in-kernel drivers from 2.6.10. Thank you for this
patch, but as much as I hoped that it would solve the problem (what you
where saying about it sounded reasonable), the behaviour is
unfortunately exactly the same, VDR hangs with "device 1 has no lock,
can't attach receiver" on the very first FTA channel it tries to tune on
startup, and then I can only shoot him from anothe console. Its really
weird, see my other post today
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-February/000171.html

As I understand you're using udev, can you give me some other advice on
what else to try/check?

Regards,
Lucian