to Klaus Schmidinger's (Re: to use a current theme color in a plugin)

tinconn@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
>> tinconn@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> hallo all
>>> I'm like to make dynamic the color of my plugin using the current set
>>> theme. I have read the PLUGIN.html but i understand that with this
>>> three line of c++ code i can set a clrTitle color and then i can use it:
>>>
>>>    static cTheme Theme;
>>>    THEME_CLR(Theme, clrTitle, 0xFFBC8024);
>>>    int clrBackwindow = Theme.Color(clrTitle);
>>>
>>> I don't wont to redefine the color, but i want to use the actual
>>> theme color...
>>

>> I don't think that it's possible with the current theme model: only
>> the skin defining the color has access to it (i.e it's the only one
>> knowing the correct index), externally it's not possible to know the
>> colors for the various skin elements.
>> I'd like that feature too: since I draw my own osd I'd like to at
>> least use the same color as the general skin. Now I hardcoded the
>> colors used by the ttng skin but it will look bad with any other skin.
>>
>> Bye

> What Luca Olivetti says is corrected?
> For now it's inpossible to use a global theme colors for plugin?

There is no way an arbitrary plugin could reasonably use any of the
colors a skin has defined - it doesn't have any idea about what each
color is actually used for!

The only way a plugin might "blend in" usefully would be to open
a cSkinDisplayMenu and draw some stuff into the "central area" of
that menu. That way the "decorations" (like title, buttons etc)
would be drawn in the skin specific way, while the actual content
is up to the plugin to draw.

I do plan to implement this possibility, but right now I'm still at the
(audio) track stuff...

Klaus