Re: Why are we still using trn?

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:27:55PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> [...]
> > It's very easy if you've already got CVS access, which I do. Lars,
> > drop me a mail and I'll send you the tarball.

For those who seek the access to the CVS depository, it can be downloaded
from the SourceForge's site at the link

  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/trn-cvsroot.tar.gz

> That said, moving a new repository *back* to SourceForge might be more
> difficult. I'd suggest talking to Wayne before embarking on anything
> serious ... I doubt he would be averse to people doing long-needed work
> of this nature.

At any rate, cleaning up the code would be applausible. It'll give
a chance to other interested developers who are now deterred by the
current complexity of the sources to jump in.

Wayne's e-mail address can be found on the trn project web page at the
SourceForge's site. All he has to do for granting you the full CVS access
is adding your id to the project developer list. I also believe it
wouldn't be a great problem for him.
--
Regards,						|       /^^^\