Re: TRN: in reply (vi), line-nums are pale-yellow, *impossible* toread (fwd)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Yury Burkatovsky wrote:

>Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:16:17 +0300 (IDT)
>From: Yury Burkatovsky <tby@telrad.co.il>
>To: trn-workers@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: TRN: in reply (vi), line-nums are pale-yellow,
>     *impossible* to read
>
>Hi David,
>
>This is no way a TRN related topic.
>
>If you have an X window environment on your desktop, you could use any of
>the plenty of available X-window oriented editors, including GNU freeware.
>
>I personally tossed dtterm out and switched to xterm long ago, mostly due
>to its better mouse support. Anyway, *term is only needed for running old
>terminal-oriented applications while there are editors that create windows
>of their own.

Umm, you seem to miss the fact that some of us *prefer* using "old terminal-
oriented applications".  If you're against it, why are you running trn?

(I'm typing this in vim, launched from pine..  from an ssh session I started
on Mac OS X..)

I've been vaguely interested in trying out GUI versions of vim once in a while,
mostly to allow use of an "external editor" in GUI programs that wouldn't
be able to launch vim.