Re: How dead is Trinity and is it worth contributing to?

On Tuesday 02 July 2024 03:04:39 PM (-05:00), deloptes via tde-users wrote:

> Chris,
> We've been through this already and the fact that you can not configure
> kmail or have some other issues, does not mean it is not working well or
> whatever.

No, you misunderstood what I was saying, I was just saying it would be nice to get a little bit of a newer version of software, than software that's frozen in time from 2008. Keep the TDE base at KDE 3.x, but age the software a little bit to like version 2.x, If that's possible?

> I have been following your posts and I have an impression that you have not
> used TDE for too long and compare TDE to other desktops.

I've been using TDE full time since May 2024. I've tried it once before back in 2022 and it wasn't for me, but this time it just clicked and I liked TDE. I was a big fan of KDE 3.5 back in the day.

> So spare us the critics and the negative publicity, please. Try to be more
> balanced based on what you have learned and how you have been treated on
> the list, I think you are a bit too negative.

I gave an HONEST answer to Riley, I can't help that you took it the wrong way. That's the whole point is to take everyones input and thoughts on how to keep TDE alive. There's nothing wrong with INPUT, without input, TDE would prob shrivel up and cease to exist.

I just thought it would be nice to have newer version of software, It doesn't have to be the PLASMA VERSION of apps, But at least advance SOME apps to version 2.x +, but keep KDE the 3.5.x base.

Chris
Sent with Vivaldi Mail. Download Vivaldi for free at vivaldi.com