Re: RHow dead is Trinity and is it worth contributing to?

On Tue July 2 2024 13:16:14 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp via tde-users wrote:
> Ah, Lisp machines, never had my hand on those ... I'm still programming in
> scheme and lisp. Somehow it's a pitty that TQt does not have a lisp FFI.

The windowing system was not dissimilar to TDE or any other modern windowing
system except there's little awareness of any filesystem.  You're basically
editing and compiling in Emacs all the time.  Everything you do becomes live
instantly.  (Reproducible builds were not a thing!)  Normally when you
turned the machine off it was just suspending and you would later resume
in the same virtual image.  You only actually booted from a clean image
maybe once a year.

--Mike