Re: How dead is Trinity and is it worth contributing to?

On Tue, 2 Jul 2024, CHRIS M via tde-users wrote:

On Tuesday 02 July 2024 11:00:14 AM (-05:00), Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:

TDE KMail is the absolute tip top number one reason why I love TDE.
> Meanwhile you seem to prefer Vivaldi, or maybe KDE KMail.
> There are dozens more mail clients, each preferred by some people.
> This is good.
> --Mike

I just liked how many new features were packed into KMAIL that TDE-KMAIL, DOESN'T have. Like auto archiving folders, like Outlook. " If emails are older than xxx days, then move to > Local Folders > xxx"

Is it possible to use plasma (KDE4/5) kmail within TDE? Does it not integrate well? I do this with okular, gwenview, k3b. TDE is very stable and fast, but I tend to use also apps from other desktops.

Gianluca

Being able to insert an image into an email, vs always having to attach it in TDE-KMAIL. Stuff like that. i'm only trying on VIV MAIL, due to VIV being my everyday browser, and I am " experimenting" around with IMAP. I am normally a POP3 kinda person.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

CHRIS

CHRIS@xxxxxxxxxx

~* Lenovo ThinkCentre M710q*~~*
*~~1 TB SSD*~~
~*15.5 GiB of ram*~
~~* Debian 12 with a minimal XFCE install w/ TDE on top * ~~
~FYI, TDE is a continuation of KDE 3.x ~
----------------Sent with Vivaldi Mail. Download Vivaldi for free at vivaldi.com

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/research/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.