Re: Konqueror

> > if you want to find out whether anything bad will happen by running
> > Konqueror as root, then we will save you the time and trouble, and say,
> > yes, sooner or later, bad things happen.

I always find this sort of declaration a little exagerated, and funnily no one
ever seems to answer: "why?"

To me there is little difference between running an app with sudo and running
it as root. If I need to do a lot of work as root, I just log in as root (and
I've set up the root desktop with ugly, flashy colours so that I know I'm
there). Letting you login as root with a GUI is a nice thing of TDE.

Of course no one should "live" as root (although I did that for one year when
learning how to use Linux, but that was not a "production" machine), but why
make people believe that as soon as they are root, they are doomed?

People live as root on Windows machines and while this is a dangerous thing,
bad things don't always happen.

I just feel that this "never run Linux as root" is some religious mantra, and
who does not respect it is an heretic.

Thierry