Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

said deloptes via tde-users:

| The problem is that the "Meh" is creating a bad publicity for TDE, but
| so be it. The truth is always shy. I guess those people (at least this
| is my experience with such people) always try something new in the hope
| this will be the one that works perfectly well ... then there comes the
| "Meh" and they move to the next one and the next one and the next one.

It's an example I always use, but it's exemplary: put the current KDE and
the current TDE on identical computers. Ask any user to add an application
to Kicker (or whatever they call it on blood-without-the-good-stuff). When
they fail, drag an application from KMenu to Kicker. Then jump through the
hoops you have to jump through with Plasma. And point out that in the
latter there is *no* good reason for the added complication. No benefit at
all. None.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album