Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:

> Perhaps the TDE documentation and wiki should be reviewed to minimize
> any mention of being a fork. Just focus on TDE being its own software?

but this is not factually correct as it is a fork.

> But this is the way many people think. Not new or shiny -- "Meh."

This is exactly right. I found there are two type of people: smart and dumb.
Why bothering with the latter? This fact can not be changed. The smart one
would use older tool to accomplish a task, because the tool works well. The
latter category would try to use something that would brake while solving
the task only because it is shiny.
The problem is that the "Meh" is creating a bad publicity for TDE, but so be
it. The truth is always shy. I guess those people (at least this is my
experience with such people) always try something new in the hope this will
be the one that works perfectly well ... then there comes the "Meh" and
they move to the next one and the next one and the next one.