Re: LWN.NET: Trinity keeps KDE 3 on life support

Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:

> The discussion is visible in LWN's RSS feed.  Thus far
> I see two short threads:
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/974365/
> https://lwn.net/Articles/974381/
>
> Maybe TDE devs can add some useful info to the latter thread.

I am using TDE via Thunderbolt, but my external display is 1980x1040, so I
can not speak about higher resolutions. The notebook I use TDE has 13.3"
1920 x 1080 Anti-Glare IPS Display. It works just fine over Thunderbolt.

It seems some use cases are being discussed in the article or discussion,
but there are no details on those use cases.
For example I recently converted one machine to Proxmox and migrated all of
my VMs there. Now, when I run a TDE desktop and use the NoVNC web console I
have absolutely no issue with rendering speed. It feels like working on the
local machine.