Mastodon servers - dig this! [OT]

On Tuesday 07 May 2024 18:58:27 William Morder wrote:

> I wonder, idly, whether they host for
> Mastodon?)

Dig it:

https://mastodon.social/@HotChilliIM

more about this server here:
https://jabber.hot-chilli.net/
https://jabber.hot-chilli.net/forms/create/

https://jabber.hot-chilli.net/account/
Also a list of their servers on this page.

As I said before, I have been very satisfied using their servers, never
experienced down time, always stable, secure, private, runs over Tor, and
requires (last I checked) absolutely nothing to create a new account: no
email, no telephone, no real name, no identifying information of any kind.

Moreover, I can do all this over Tor, without cookies, javascript, etc., using
my Icecat browser. It is literally the only server I know where I can do
this.

Their pages say that they host for Mastodon, but I don't know how to do it
yet. However, if it is possible to register with one server, then use it with
the rest, then for myself, this place is where I would go. And if it should
arise that we ever consider moving the TDE Mastodon account to a different
server, then I recommend this one.

Bill