Re: feature request - a way to download *all* TDE-Trinity packages for a system

On Sunday 04 of February 2024 14:52:22 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> I don't know if this is totally selfish and/or solipsistic of me, but I
> would like to have a way to download *all* available packages
> appropriate to my system.
>
> If there is some command that will do this, that will work, as I can
> pick and choose on my own. A tool like aptoncd would be better, but I
> can find anything like it any more. Best thing about images created with
> aptoncd is that apt treats them exactly like repositories, so I don't
> need to cobble together self-styled hacks and use dpkg, but can just
> depend or apt to find the right combination of packages and
> dependencies.
>
> Debian still offers, I believe, extra CD or DVD images of the extra
> packages in their repositories. In addition to the installation images,
> there are usually extra discs, 1, 2, 3 and 4, containing extra packages.
> I used to search all over Devuan to find the same, but now it seems that
> they, too, have caught up, and offer disc images of extras. Or perhaps I
> have only recently discovered where they keep them hidden?
>
> My reason for this request is related to my recent previous posts:
> sometimes I find myself in a remote place, or in a crazy situation,
> where there is no internet access, or where -- such as recently --
> flooding or some other disaster has knocked out internet. Yet, while I
> have no internet, I still need to have a working computer for other
> things that I do offline; and now, suddenly, my machine gives me
> problems, and I need to do a system reinstallation, or at least to
> install some new and unfamiliar packages.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

although there were several answers, I will add more.

1. If you just want to download all deb packages to one folder, like apt
cache, you can use aptitude:

aptitude search -F "%p" "~Otrinitydesktop.org" | xargs -r aptitude download

2. If you want to have a complete structure including apt metadata, I
recommend interested in apt-mirror package:

https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/apt-mirror

Cheers
--
Slávek