Re: using nmtui or other tools to change hostname

On Sunday 04 February 2024 12:23:16 phiebie--- via tde-users wrote:
> [ Run the command sudo hostnamectl set-hostname newhostname. Replace
> newhostname with the hostname you'd like to set. Once you run the
> command, your Linux hostname will be changed immediately.
>     This command changes the static (standard), transient (dynamic),
>     and pretty (descriptive) hostnames all at once. If you only want to
>     change one type of hostname, you can use the --static, --transient,
>     and --pretty options. Static and transient hostnames can contain
>     letters, numbers, and hyphens only.[2] Run the hostname command to
>     see your new hostname. If the hostname hasn't changed run the
>     command sudo systemctl restart systemd-hostnamed to restart
>     systemd-hostnamed.]

Hello, Peter,

Thank you very much! With this and the suggestion of similar tools by Nik, I
believe I have enough information to go on from here.

It's odd that I could not find pages like this when I searched. I probably did
not phrase my question just right for DDG, but I have a hard time trying to
think like a machine, or to behave like an algorithm.

Bill