Re: using nmtui or other tools to change hostname

Bill,

Am 03.Feb.2024 um 18:53 you wrote:
> I want to know, first, if one ought to disconnect from internet (or
> to connect) when changing the hostname like this....
> Second, should I run nmtui (or similar tool) as root in order to
> change my hostname?

>From  https://www.wikihow.com/Change-Hostname-on-Linux
 [ Run the command sudo hostnamectl set-hostname newhostname. Replace
newhostname with the hostname you'd like to set. Once you run the
command, your Linux hostname will be changed immediately.
    This command changes the static (standard), transient (dynamic),
    and pretty (descriptive) hostnames all at once. If you only want to
    change one type of hostname, you can use the --static, --transient,
    and --pretty options. Static and transient hostnames can contain
    letters, numbers, and hyphens only.[2] Run the hostname command to
    see your new hostname. If the hostname hasn't changed run the
    command sudo systemctl restart systemd-hostnamed to restart
    systemd-hostnamed.]

Regards, Peter.