Re: ImageMagick import freezes keyboard I/O in opensuse 15.4

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

On 2023/10/31 11:24 AM, Gianluca Interlandi wrote:

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the suggestion. It works for all modes of capture except "Region". You also need to have it placed right over the window you want to take a snapshot of at the time when the delay ends. But I think it is still useful and makes it simpler to take a snapshot of a window. Sometimes I need to select a region. In that case, I need to already be in the correct desktop. The alternative is to take a snapshot of a window and then use gimp to select a portion of the window.

Ciao Gianluca,
Ah I see. Not sure why it is not available for the "Region", I guess there is no hard stopper IMO. Can you file an issue on TGW as an enhancement request to get "Delay" functionality also for "Region" mode?

The delay function may not be available for "Region" mode because when the delay is over it takes a snapshot of the window right away. If you have "No delay" and you click on "New Snapshot", then the mouse cursor becomes a cross and you need to click on a window to take a screenshot of it. So, it behaves slightly differently with or without delay. But who knows, maybe it is possible to implement a delay with "Region" mode. As soon as I have time I will submit such a request.

Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.