Re: ImageMagick import freezes keyboard I/O in opensuse 15.4

On Tue, 31 Oct 2023, Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

On 2023/10/31 03:24 AM, Gianluca Interlandi via tde-users wrote:
Hi Leslie,

      You can use the scrollwheel on your mouse to switch screens by placing the mouse cursor over the 'Desktop Preview and Pager' applet in your panel and rolling the scrollwheel, or by clicking on the desired screen rectangle in the Desktop Preview and Pager grid.

Thanks for the suggestion. Normally, I can switch desktop using the wheel of the mouse. However, when in snapshot mode (import or ksnapshot) using the wheel has no effect either. If I click on the desired screen rectangle, as you suggest, then it takes a snapshot of that section of the panel. So, switching desktops after entering snapshot mode seems not possible. However, ksnapshot is still helpful in mitigating the issue. In fact, after entering `ksnapshot` a new window appears with ksnapshot options. I can then move that window to the desired desktop and click on "New Snapshot", which makes the window with options disappear so I can take a snapshot of what I need to. I hope TDE lives for very long.

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,
ksnapshot has a "snapshot delay" field: put a value there (for example 4 seconds) and press "New screenshot". You have for seconds to move around (change desktop, select window) before the snapshot is taken. I just tested changing desktop during the delay, it works fine.

Hi Michele,

Thanks for the suggestion. It works for all modes of capture except "Region". You also need to have it placed right over the window you want to take a snapshot of at the time when the delay ends. But I think it is still useful and makes it simpler to take a snapshot of a window. Sometimes I need to select a region. In that case, I need to already be in the correct desktop. The alternative is to take a snapshot of a window and then use gimp to select a portion of the window.

Thanks!

     Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.