Re: How do I disable the sending of the messages to my email

On Thursday 07 September 2023 14:24:11 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Sl�k sets TDE policy, not I, but I do administer some non-TDE mailing
> lists.  As to those I would be opposed to any attempt to hide the author
> of emails.  Fighting spam is hard enough without everyone posting as the
> same fake address.
>
> Also be advised that in addition to your self CC your actual email address
> appears numerous times in the headers of the email - for tracking and
> authentication purposes - and thus is still available for spammers to
> harvest

Well okay, I can see that. But it still shows up online in the mailing list
archive, which has nothing to do with that.

I realize that I cannot entirely escape spammers, etc., and I can see your
point about having to know our real email addresses in order to fight against
them. All the same, I would like to keep that kind of stuff hidden as much as
possible, at least a little harder to find.

Bill