Re: How do I disable the sending of the messages to my email

On Thu September 7 2023 13:56:39 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> If there is some way to make that more permanent (that is, to show my email
> address only as <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and not as my personal email),
> then I would like to know, or to have it implemented as a kind of general
> policy on the list. In the meanwhile, I work with what I have.

Hi Bill,

Slávek sets TDE policy, not I, but I do administer some non-TDE mailing
lists.  As to those I would be opposed to any attempt to hide the author
of emails.  Fighting spam is hard enough without everyone posting as the
same fake address.

Also be advised that in addition to your self CC your actual email address
appears numerous times in the headers of the email - for tracking and
authentication purposes - and thus is still available for spammers to harvest

//

As to Deloptes original question, I am unclear as to whether they want to
unsubscribe versus remain subscribed but not receive emails because they
are using Gmane.  If the latter they can click on the archive link at the
bottom of list messages, log in, and at top right change their Mailman
Settings / Global Mailman preferences / Delivery status to disabled.

--Mike