Re: How do I disable the sending of the messages to my email

On Thursday 07 September 2023 13:26:37 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:
> On Thu September 7 2023 13:02:54 deloptes via tde-users wrote:
> > do you know how I can disable the sending of the messages of the list to
> > my email?
> > I tried in gmane, but couldn't find where I can set it. I also searched
> > on the TDE home page but couldn't find out.
>
> At the bottom of each email from the list it says:

> You need to do this from the address to which the emails were sent.
>
> --Mike

I believe what's intended is that he doesn't want emails showing his personal
email address to anybody indiscriminately; this is a complaint in which I
share. He wants (I think) the "to" and "from" to show his name, but then
<users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> as his email address.

In a vain attempt to avert this problem, I created a special email template,
with my "Reply to" line specifically using the Trinity users address, but
this still only works for when I write to the list using my template. When I
send a reply (e.g., this very email), I must make sure to change those lines
manually, otherwise my personal email address is revealed, and I get
duplicate emails to both the TDE mailing list address and also to my personal
email address, so apparently my personal email address is revealed, anyway,
almost no matter what I do to prevent it.

At the moment, this creates no real problems, as I find most people on the
list are pleasant enough, and I don't mind getting the occasional email,
intentional or otherwise, from relative strangers. In the past, however, I
used to get a lot of spam and phishing attempts and such, so I would like to
avoid them.

If there is some way to make that more permanent (that is, to show my email
address only as <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and not as my personal email),
then I would like to know, or to have it implemented as a kind of general
policy on the list. In the meanwhile, I work with what I have.

Bill