Re: Crystalcursors

I wonder why it is not working as expected in openSUSE 15.4.

Ciao Gianluca,
difficult question :-) Not sure why things don't work as you would expect in OpenSuSE 15.4. Maybe some mouse icons from the theme were lost/deleted/altered accidentally in your system? Or maybe crystalcursor for openSuSE is missing some files? I could be something else too. I guess one way you could try to troubleshoot this is to install Debian inside a VM, replicate your setup and then compare between the two systems. At least Debian trixie + TDE + crystalcursor seems to work fine, so you have a comparison term. Or maybe some other OpenSuSE users use crystalcursor and they could check whether they see the same issue?

Ciao Michele,

I copied over the crystalwhite files from a openSUSE 15.2 installation where it is working correctly and it still reverts to Adwaita for the resizing and moving icons. So the problem may be somewhere else. It is not a big deal as I still get the crystalwhite cursor for all other mouse icons. I will post in the openSUSE forum.

On a separate note, it looks like Crystalcursors is no longer included in openSUSE 15.5. That is a bummer since it is my favorite mouse cursor theme:

https://software.opensuse.org/package/Crystalcursors

I guess you could install the one from openSUSE 15.4.

Best,

   Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://gianluca.today/

Department of Bioengineering
University of Washington, Seattle WA U.S.A.