Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

I don't have any special ACPI programs or utilities for the older installation, and it's practically
a standard installation of Debian 9 + TDE 14.0. In the case of a newer Debian 12 + TDE 14.1
installation, this is also a fairly standard installation.
I checked the installed modules (older versus new installation) and they are pretty much the same
everywhere.

Hi Petr,
I don't know if it is something easily feasible for you, but a good test to determine whether it is a kernel issue or a TDE issue would be to update the old installation to R14.1.0 but keeping the existing 4.9 kernel. If the problem shows up on R14.1.0 with the old kernel, it is definitely something in TDE. If R14.1.0 works fine, it is more likely not a TDE issue.
Alternatively (or as additional test), running R14.0.13 on the new Debian 12 would also help providing further info.

I don't have a Dell with TDE, but usually brightness and volume controls work fine, so I would be surprised if they didn't on a Dell. Until 7 years ago I had a Dell and they were definitely working back then (I was running R14.1.0-dev) although it was long ago.

Cheers
  Michele