Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

> > I have installed kmilo-trinity (4:14.1.0-0debian12.0.0+0~a).
> > It may be possible that the fault is probably somewhere else. I will look
> > for a solution at the OS level.
>
> Ok, after your investigation, please let us know if you can trace this back
> to a TDE bug. Cheers
>    Michele

I started an older saved installation of TDE R14.0 (Debian 9, kernel 4.9.0) and here the special Fn
key combination works perfectly ("XF86Sleep" puts the laptop to sleep, "XF86MonBrightnessUp/Down"
changes the display brightness, etc.)

On the latest TDE 14.1 (Debian 12, kernel 6.1.0) in kcontrol > Peripherals > Laptop Battery > Power
Control ... I have the following message:
"Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably enabled, but some of the
sub-options were not - you need to enable at least 'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and
then rebuild your kernel."

So I assume that the problem will be somewhere on the side of missing ACPI support or kernel
modules. However, putting the laptop to sleep using the context menu from TDEPowersave works
without a problem, as does the detection of the AC adapter or battery status... So I assume that
ACPI support should be sufficient.

On an older installation of TDE 14.0 (Debian 9), the mentioned controls in kcontrol are available
and without any error message.

I don't have any special ACPI programs or utilities for the older installation, and it's practically
a standard installation of Debian 9 + TDE 14.0. In the case of a newer Debian 12 + TDE 14.1
installation, this is also a fairly standard installation.
I checked the installed modules (older versus new installation) and they are pretty much the same
everywhere.

Where else could there be a problem?

Many thanks
--