Re: how to suppress icons in systray ?

On Wednesday 19 April 2023 23:45:39 E. Liddell via tde-users wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2023 22:33:05 +0000
>
> If you've always been starting these from your folder widget, try calling
> up one of them (leafpad's probably the quickest) from the main menu, then
> from the command line.  Do you still get phantom icons?  If not, your
> folder shortcut is indeed the problem.

Actually, I almost always start everything using alt-F2. I only use the quick
launch shortcut folder for stuff like video playlists, although I do still
have lots of old shortcuts there, most of which I don't use any more.

But these shortcuts are really handy for, say, loading a television series
playlist, or my downloaded news programs.

Bill