Re: Release Notes and tdebluez

Hi Mike,

On Wednesday 19 of April 2023 21:33:37 Mike Bird via tde-users wrote:
> I saw a note - or at least I think I saw a note - in the 14.1.0psb
> release notes about a new tdebluez.  So I tried to install it and
> failed but by then I had already closed the release notes and could
> not find them again.
>
> (1) It appears that the package is actually - and perhaps redundantly -
>     - called tdebluez-trinity.  Unless my memory is playing tricks
>     it might help if the package name and the release notes matched.

Git repository is called tdebluez, the binary is called tdebluez, but like
most other packages (such as tdepowersave) source tarball and deb package
are called tdebluez-trinity to be consistent with other packages.

We could discuss whether it makes sense to leave '-trinity' in cases where
the package clearly belongs to TDE. However, this would also affect
packages like tdelibs, tdebase, tdepim... I think it could make sense to
leave it until it is possible to miss '-trinity' for all packages => when
all binaries and libraries that can collide with the KDE applications and
libraries and prevent installation in /usr will be renamed.

Your opinions are welcome.

> (2) Because 14.1.0psb is not yet released the (draft) release notes
>     are not yet linked to the regular release notess page:
>        https://www.trinitydesktop.org/releases.php
>     I was also unable to find 14.1.0 release notes through various
>     web searches, from my T menu, or via Trinity Help Center.  Is
>     there a canonical way to find/read the release notes of the
>     installed version of TDE?

For open Release Notes in Help Center you can use:
khelpcenter help:/khelpcenter/releasenotes/

If you run the Help Center separately, there is a link Welcome to TDE,
where there is a link to Release Notes.

Draft for complete version of the newly prepared Release Notes can be found
on Wiki: https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Release_Notes_For_R14.1.0

> Thanks,
>
> --Mike

Cheers