Re: Kate Sort Plugin

Am Mittwoch, 1. Februar 2023 schrieb Michele Calgaro via tde-users:
> On 2023/02/01 11:42 AM, Darrell Anderson via tde-users wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > For Kate there is a tdeaddons sort plugin.
> >
> > Does sorting selected text/rows/lines work for anybody else? If
> > yes, is there a specific mantra to be sung to get the plugin to
> > sort selected text?
> >
> > The original README explicitly states "Sorts selected rows or whole
> > file." The handbook says likewise with "Sort allows sorting a text
> > file or selection of text."
> >
> > For me the plugin ignores any selections. When the dialog appears
> > the selection is emptied and sorts the entire document.
> >
> > Sorting the characters of a word or phrase also fails. The dialog
> > automatically populates the column fields but then fails to sort
> > the selected text.
> >
> > Please let me know if the plugin is broken or I am missing the big
> > picture.
> >
> > Thanks for your time!
> >
> > D.A.
>
> Seems to sort all the file regardless of selection. Even lose the
> last line in "descending" mode, if it is not empty. Cheers
>    Michele

I can confirm that the bug is also on my system. That's TDE: R14.1.0
[DEVELOPMENT]. But…

If you use kate's own build-in command line (not konsole) which you can
get by typing F7 or in Menu -> View -> "Switch to Command Line"
(translated) and then type 'sort' it works as exspected and sorts only
highlighted lines.

HTH

Kind regards,
Stefan